How To Reduce Time Spent On Homework: Hints For High School Students
Time management has always been a concern for high school students. With no time management or improper management the students are unable to balance their education life and personal life. A student also has to keep a track on his studies at home by revising the chapters, completing homework’s etc. Hence, micromanaging their time is of utmost importance for a student. Homework occupies most of the time studying at home as such if it is taken care of in an orderly manner a lot of time can be used by student to do other tasks or simply relax. Few tips for reducing time spent on homework can be:
- - Knowing the deadlines of submission- homework can be prioritized based on the deadlines. The shorter the deadline the earlier it needs to be completed. A flowchart of deadlines can help schedule the task accordingly.
- - Knowing the subject- Apart from knowing the homework it is also necessary to assess one’s capability and intellect on the subject. If understanding a subject and completing its assignment takes longer time then it should be started first to complete on time. This would help in spreading of work over equal days to save time every day. There won’t be much load on a single day.
- - Group study- The best way to complete work on time and enjoy at the same time. Group study ensures multiple brains working on the same assignment to complete a task. This would lead to understanding the topic better and saving a lot of time.
- - Online help- through various online portals one can get help in their homework which would reduce the time taken to go through the entire chapter again. These portals help in solving the assignment and at the same point of time explain the answers so that the student understands the topic.
- - Talking to the professor- At times talking to the professor to find out future assignments and starting work on it can help manage time and at the same time create a good rapport with the professor. This is good at a lot of levels, the assignment gets over on tie and the professor might also help in the project since the student showed interest.
- - Previous submissions- If a topic of assignment is the same as before then hints can be borrowed from the old assignment. This would help in relating the topics and improve learning; time saving would be a byproduct.