Art Homework Policy: Basic Things To Take Into Account
Art is not a core class, but it is a class made up of core subjects such as history of art, the science of colors, clay, and angles, and mathematical precision. If you take an art class, there will be homework. It could be writing, sketching, or research, but there will be assignments given. Here are a few basic things to know about the art assignments given.
Things to Know
- Art history -this class has caused many a person to cry. The class covers the history of the different periods of art. It can also cover such things as architect and design. The homework will be successful if you know your periods and the characteristics for each of the periods.
- Buy a protective tube -if you are going to bring your sketches home you have to protect them properly. Buy a clear, round architect tube for keeping the work safe, dry, and unwrinkled.
- Work space -depending on the type of homework you are assigned, you may need more room than just your study desk. You may need an easel or even a drafting board. The lighting in your area will also have to be very good.
- You do not have to be a perfectionist or a professional -do not think that your work must be perfect. Much of your assignments will deal with basics, such as shading. Your imperfections may also be the best feature in your piece because they are unique to you. Don’t be afraid to draw out of the lines or to erase.
- Have fun -try to have fun with the class. But also remember that you cannot blow off your assignments because the class is considered an elective. It has been shown that painting, sketching, and molding clay are all therapeutic actions. You will enjoy the class better with the right frame of mind.
- Tablet tools -if you attend a school that is well versed in technology, you may end up doing some of your work on a tablet or on a laptop. You may have to buy some apps for the class, but they should not be cost prohibitive. But if you add the cost of apps to brushes, pencils, canvas, drawing paper, clay, paint and such, the cost could suddenly become more than you might expect. Make sure you know the costs of supplies before you enroll in the class.